The term "digital photography" may be common to some; but for the rest of us, it is practically new and somewhat scary. With the advent of modernization, it is no effort to imagine that almost everything will evolve, let alone photography. For a beginner, digital photography is very confusing. Here, here are some knowledge and basic know-hows on this matter.
In its simplest manifestation, this term, connotes a photography that uses digital technology to make images of subjects. In short, photographs taken are processed using digital and computer techniques and not by chemical processing.
For us beginners, the very first thing that will come to mind if we hear this kind of photography is a digital camera. Almost all of us own one. Here, it would be much easier for us to understand if we talk about digital camera and its advantages.
Digital cameras are built to operate as a self-contained unit. For lower-end digital cameras, this typically includes zoom lens and flashes that can not be changed. This is probably what most of us have. However, there are some high-end digital cameras that have sophisticated light sensors.
Here are some advantages of using a digital camera:
– Using a digital camera, any photographer can review the pictures instantly. You can either approve and save it or delete and reject it.
– Capturing hundreds of photographs is very easy now, without the hassle of changing any photographic film.
– If you have too much photos stored in your camera, you may use your computer as a permanent storage.
– If there is one much cost efficient advantage of digital camera is that a picture does not need to be scanned before viewing them, and you may be able to print photos using your computer printer.
– Most digital cameras now include a cable to allow viewing photographs using the television, at the comfort of your very own living room.
– It has anti-shake functionality, and others even have face detection.
– It can capture videos, not just still images.
– And it gives you the ability of converting the same photo from color to black and white, and you may even opt to add other effects.
It does seem taking a photograph is easier using a digital camera, but please do note that convenience always comes with a price. But if you have the budget, by all means enjoy the convenience of this gadget. But if you do not, a manual film camera will still do. After all, it is personal angle and expression that makes a picture beautiful.