By Donald K.
Photography by Avonné Stalling
Wedding planning for most future brides is all about the wedding dress. Since they are ought to be the most beautiful person in her wedding day, most women consider their gown as the major consideration in wedding planning.
If you are one of those brides who think that their dress takes the center stage in any wedding planning, then you should be starting that search for the perfect wedding gown. Experts say that for you to be able to find the ideal wedding dress for you, it is always best to prepare everything you will need.
Below are just some of the things that you should consider before shopping for a wedding dress and some tips that can help you get by when looking for that perfect wedding gown:
- Conduct a simple research about wedding gowns. This very important because this research will somehow serve as your guide in choosing that dream wedding dress. Research can be done online or by reading bridal magazines to get updated with the latest designs and trends for the season. When you are conducting your research online, make sure that you visit sites that contain general and extensive information about wedding dresses.
- Know your own body type. This is one of the basic guidelines in finding the perfect wedding dress. Once you know your own body type, you will know which are the best wedding dress shapes and styles that would complement your physique. Whether you are tall, short, petite, chubby, pear-shaped, have long neck, full hips, full waist and the like, there is always a perfect wedding dress shape for you.
- Familiarize yourself with the available wedding dress shapes. Knowledge on the available dress shapes, styles, and designs out there will definitely make it easier for you to find that dream wedding dress. Available wedding dress shapes include two-piece ball gowns that have full skirts and bodice, A-line Princess dresses, Empire cut dresses, Mermaid dresses, Straight line wedding dresses, strapless, halter, or tube wedding dresses and variations of each shape are also possible when custom made.
- Don’t be overwhelmed with sales talk. When shopping for a wedding dress, always make sure that you don’t listen to everything the salesman or woman says because they don’t always do you good. It is safe to listen to some of their suggestions but make sure that you have your own specifications in mind that cannot be swayed using mere words.
- Plan your budget carefully. Before setting your foot out in any bridal store for wedding gown shopping, make sure that you have a specific budget that you can spend. Remember, you are only at the beginning of the wedding planning stage. Although the wedding dress is a big part of the event, bear in mind that there are still so many things that you need to pay and buy for the big day so don’t splurge when shopping for your wedding dress. To be safe, allot at least $1000 to $2000 for your wedding dress—of course depending on your financial status.