As your special wedding day comes to its close it is a great feeling to know that while you were planning your wedding you included after wedding clean up in your wedding schedule. After wedding clean up, is after all good wedding etiquette. Keep in mind that if you do not plan an after wedding clean up committee, that many people will think that others have been appointed the positions and so they leave.
An after wedding clean up is just as important, if not more so, than that of before wedding set up. Be positive of having an informed after wedding clean up committee. You will find that there are people who would be thrilled to help you on your way to your honeymoon, by doing you this wedding favor. After wedding clean up duties is never just a last minute thought, being prepared is essential in scheduling a wedding.
However, if you use certain facilities for your wedding event, ask about their after wedding clean up services. You may find that you pay a cleaning deposit, which is returnable to you, when the facility is clean. Therefore, having friends, family or groomsmen and bridesmaids on your after wedding clean up committee. Nonetheless, you will require someone you can count on to make sure that the after wedding clean up is done
After Wedding Clean Up Duties
1. Transporting gifts
2. Centerpiece Removal
3. Linen Removal
4. Decoration Removal
5. Dismantle and Remove Tables and Chairs
6. Kitchen Clean Up and Food Removal
7. Dressing Room Clean Up
8. Restroom Clean Up
11. Disposal of Garbage
12. Turn Off Lights and Central Air Units
13. Lock All Doors
– Schedule reminders for wedding clean up as well, with the individuals who are on the after wedding clean up committee. Two weeks and again at one week before the wedding should suffice. Mentioning it within a few days prior to the wedding reception is acceptable as long as you know the clean up will care for.
– Make sure you have responsible people in charge of taking care of your after wedding clean up, so they know what to do with any items that need to be transferred or returned and where the items should go.
– Supply containers for any breakable wedding decoration that are to be transported to another location. If you think you will need filler, have on hand some bubble wrap or newspapers to keep items from bumping up against each other while being moved and stored.
– Be sure to supply any needed food containers with lids for storing any food which has been left over from the wedding festivals as well as something to store any extra wedding or grooms cake once everyone has left.
– If there are rental items, assign someone to make sure that any rental item for pick up be ready and the pickup time. Designing a certain area for stacking items for pick up will help with organization.
– Tuxedo rental returning information should be available for someone responsible to oversee that all rentals are returned on time.
Having your after wedding clean up duties assigned and taken care of by responsible individuals, will bring you a much needed relief in knowing that your wedding day has been taken off as a big hit, and you can look forward to your honeymoon without worrying wherever or not someone took out the trash.