A Wedding Planner is a professional who plans and organizes weddings. The planner looks after the services and supplies required for the wedding. The wedding planner also negotiates contracts with companies, who provide supplies and services for the wedding. A wedding planner is the person who makes sure that the wedding event is smooth and without any hiccups.
Planning for a wedding can be quite taxing and needs a lot of effort from everyone involved in the planning and organizing process. A lot of arrangement is required for a wedding and it sometimes becomes difficult to manage everything perfectly. However, a wedding is such an event that comes once in one's life, so it becomes that much more important to make it a success.
To make their weddings a grand success, couples are hiring the services of wedding planners, who excel in making the wedding event a memorable experience for the bride and groom as well as for the people attending the wedding.
Some of the things that a wedding planner does are:
* Interviewing the couple and their family – It is necessary for the planner to know exactly how the groom and bride and their families want the wedding affair to be connected. So, it requires the planner to sit with them and discuss the various possibilities and options that they would like to be included in the wedding.
* Budget preparation – This is the most important factor of a wedding and the planner has to make sure that the money delegated for each aspect ultimately produces the desired results.
* Wedding Attires – The planner has the added responsibility of getting the clothes to be worn by the bride and groom in the wedding and in some cases for a couple of days running up to the gala event.
* Planning detailed checklist – A checklist is quite crucial for any event and more so for a wedding, as one has to take care of every single detail. The checklist serves as a helpful tool to manage the whole event.
* Attendee list preparation – A planner's job also involves preparing the attendee list for the wedding day plus the planner is provided to send the attendees an invitation for the wedding.
* Identifying Event venue – The planner is also required to assist the client in determining the venue for the event and once the choice is made, he / she has to do the booking of the venue.
* Identifying and hiring services of wedding professionals – A planner is also responsible to arrange for the caterers, videographers, florists, photographers, beauticians, bakers along with the coordinators required for both the bride and groom on their wedding day. The planner also does the negotiations and executions of the contracts.
* Coordination of deliveries / services on the wedding day – On the wedding day, a planner has his / her work cutout with the requirement of proper coordination and delivery of supplies.
* Contingency Plan – A planner must prepare a contingency plan in case of any glitch that might happen on the wedding day.
Brides can search for professional wedding planners, who could provide the services one is looking for online. Brides can also compare between the services provided and the pricing among available planners and then settle for the one who fits the bill.