The global economic crisis may have hit you hard, but you still should not compromise your health and well-being. Your health is your wealth after-all, and staying in shape can be reliably cheap if you apply yourself, without the burden of gym-membership or having to fork out huge amounts of cash on dumb-bells, bench-presses or medicine-balls . Let's discuss 5 ways of working-out on a budget.
1. Everyone possesses an inherent weight which is on hand at all times and is free to use; their own natural body-weight. Push-ups, sit-ups, squats, planks and side-planks are all effective sets you can do to tone and strengthen different parts of your body without the need to purchase weights. Of course, should you prefer to use weights, then anything with weight can be used for body strength training.
2. You can also use your body in other ways to improve your fitness, by doing jumping jacks in your back garden, or running up and down your stairs. These exercises really help to increase your heart-rate, as you are working very hard in a small space. A heart-rate monitor is crucial to gauge your fitness level when you are doing this kind of training frequently. You can monitor your heart-rate returning to a healthier level over time.
3. If you are serious about working-out and getting in reasonable shape, then a decent pair of runners is essential; you should never skimp on footwear and this is even more prevalent when it comes to runners. A good pair will soak up the shocks so your limbs will be less sooner to injury. You can then start running in your local roads or parks, instead of wasting wads of cash on a thread-mill, which takes up space and runs off the electricity meter in your home.
4. If you feel the need to purchase equipment for yourself, there are always people willing to offload their redundant exercise equipment for knock-down prices online or in Garage-Sales, so you should keep your eye out for special deals. The classified advertisements in you local newspaper may also have some second-hand gym equipment which may suit your exercise program.
5. Finally – and this will make your fitness regime a lot more enjoyable – you should investigate the possibility of joining a group fitness program. These programs are very well organized and structured. They tend to start off at a comfortable level, before picking up the pace as the program progresses. They usually work out a goal for you at the start, which you work towards during the program. Everyone in the group will have their own specific program, so you will only be under your own personal pressure. The organizers usually charge a fee for their time and service.
These tips are designed to help your fitness levels and in turn improve your health, but of course it's easy to read and write about it. The hard work is all ahead of you. But at least the above should mean that you do not have to break to bank to maintain your wealth.