Looking for a cool, hip and fun place for your wedding ceremony in Seattle, Washington?
Whether you live in Seattle or are traveling to the Emerald City for your wedding ceremony and celebration, here are six cool, hip and fun venues and locations for your wedding ceremony – including a couple that are really "hidden wedding gems."
6 Cool, Hip and Fun Places For Your Seattle Wedding Ceremony:
1) A Washington State Ferry: There is nothing more "Northwest" than a Seattle ferry. Each day, from downtown Seattle, a ferry runs between downtown Seattle and Bainbridge Island. This is a 35-minute ferry ride and offers a bride and groom a fantastic opportunity to be married on the boat and to celebrate with lunch or dinner at a quaint restaurant on popular Bainbridge Island. Check with the Washington State Ferry System as you do need a permission to hold your ceremony on board the ferry – and make sure the Captain knows you are on board for a special "happy marriage" message!
2) The New Pergola at Seattle's Richmond Beach Saltwater Park: Talk about a hidden wedding gem! In the past year, the City of Seattle did some renovations to one area of this neighborhood park. If you are looking for high bluff ceremony area overlooking the Puget Sound, this is definitely one spot to consider. Contact the City of Seattle Parks Department for a permission to reserve your time and date.
3) Magnuson Dog Park : If you are a dog lover and adore dogs, what better place to be married than in "doggie heaven" at Seattle's Magnuson Dog Park? This popular park is "doggie disneyland" and a perfect spot for a couple who would love to have hundreds of canines as wedding guests!
4) Get Married on a "Duck" ~ If you really want to get hip and cool and have a little fun, contact the fun folks at "Ride the Duck" about hosting your wedding ceremony on a Duck! This is a popular tourist attraction in Seattle and if you really want fun and "out there," this might be it!
5) Sylvan Theater on the University of Washington Campus: This is a hidden oasis inside the University of Washington and offers an excellent setting for a wedding, big or small, casual or formal. If you want to elope, this is a perfect spot. If you desire a ceremony for 200 people, it works, too. This is an especially sweet place in the Summer months when the campus is not packed with students.
6) Japanese Gardens at the Washington Park Arboretum: You would think that more people would know about this venue for a wedding ceremony in Seattle! If you love the tradition and ritual of the Japanese tradition, or just love a Japanese Garden, there is no better place to be married in Seattle than the Japanese Gardens at the Washington Park Arboretum.