Many men and women want long hair and many are looking for ways to make their hair grow faster. But can we as individuals really grow hair faster? Is growing your mane genetic or can it be changed? I believe there are simple proven ways to growing a thick mane and I will discuss them in this article. First it should be known that hair growth is genetic but the growth most people experience is not optimal. In fact most people have stunted their natural hair growing potential. By that I mean their anagen phase of hair growth is not as high as it should be and the cause of this lies in many factors such as: poor diet, stress, over use of commercial hair products, hot showers and poor washing habits.
While it is true that the average rate that an individual can grow hair is usually three quarters of an inch to a full inch, by following these simple steps you will be growing hair faster than you could ever imagine.
– A healthy body results in healthy locks, so be sure to exercise at least 30 minutes four times a week.
– You need lots of rest so make sure you are getting at least eight hours of sleep a day and try to get in as many 10 minute power naps through out the day
– Calm the mind, stress will result in slower growing hair. To combat stress meditate and do some yoga to allow a healthy immune system
– Get regular trims every 6 weeks, trimming the dead ends of your hair will allow healthy hair growth.
– Do not brush too often as it causes tears and damage to your hair. So use a wide toothed comb and if you do use a brush, use a boar bristle brush which helps in stimulating blood flow to the scalp.
– Avoid using commercial hair shampoos as they contain chemicals that strip away sebum and make your scalp dry and frizzy, both of which do not encourage your hair to grow fast.
– Avoid using hair color and dyes, these contain chemicals like ammonia that damage your hair and could potentially stunt natural hair growth
– Avoid hot showers as they will loosen the pores in your scalp and allow hair to fall out at a faster rate than normal.
– Hair is made of a protein called keratin and you need lots of protein to encourage keratin production, so eat lots of clean low fat sources of protein like fish, meat and eggs
– For fast growing hair, take vitamins that have been proven to promote faster growth, these include: Biotin, prenatal bills, B vitamins, Vitamin C and D
– Use a good hair growth oil like Mira hair oil, it will stimulate blood flow to your scalp and will also promote the growth of new hair follicles.
– Get a scalp massage with the Mira herbal oil, apply the oil to the scalp and massage the scalp for 5 minutes, this will promote faster growing hair
If you follow the simple steps above you will be growing hair faster and you will get healthy, thicker and more manageable hair.