Whether you be on a strict budget or simply want to skip the fuss of a large wedding, many couples are choosing to elope. Just like with traditional wedding packages, elopement packages are becoming the norm. So what should you look for in the best elopement package? Read on for a few tips!
1. Convenience: Couples decide to elope because they want a wedding that is quick and stress free, however – if you are going to marry in a state or location that you are unfamiliar with – it can become a bit more complicated. The best elopement package service will offer logistical help with regards to assistance in applying for your marriage license, thorough knowledge on the state marriage license requirements and any other logistical advice that they can provide to you. As the local contact in that state, they should be literally your "resident expert" and available to answer any questions that you may have.
2. Great Partner Deals: When choosing your elopement package, inquire about any partner discounts that they may have. For example, is ground transportation to and from the airport or to and from the ceremony location included? If it is not, can they send you to a partner business that may offer a discount for the referral service?
3. All-Inclusive: When searching for an elopement package, you'll often find resorts or bed & breakfast establishments that will perform your ceremony as part of an "all inclusive" package deal. These deals may include a stay in a honeymoon suite, a small wedding cake, light hor'douvers, ground transportation, floral arrangements, music and complementary toasting glasses and other memorabilia. Be sure to read the fine print for any extra fees and requirements.
4. Guest Accommodations: You may be eloping, but that does not mean that you will not invite guests and family members to witness your ceremony. Oddly enough, there are some smaller establishments that are unable to accommodate more than a competent of guests. If you and your spouse to be have decided to invite more than seven to ten people to take part in your ceremony, make sure you check with the resort or bed and breakfast to inquire about the number of people they are able to handle.
5. Honeymoon location: An ideal elopement destination will also double as a great honeymoon destination as well. Likewise, a great elopement package will offer special discounts and exclusive offers for eloping couples who "upgrade" to a honeymoon package. These deals may include suite upgrades, free breakfast, special dinners, spa packages, or activity allowances.