Do you ever wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and just want to crawl back in bed because of the way your hair looks? We all have bad hair days, but if your bad hair days are turning into bad hair weeks or months, then you might need some help.
Many people look to celebrities to find a new hair style — spending tons of money on all kinds of magazines only to frantically tear through the pages in search of the perfect hair style.
Then you go to your salon and get that fantastic celebrity hair style only to discover (usually after the first shampoo) that you need to spend about an hour to get it to look the same way.
There are 5 important questions you should ask yourself if you want to get the most flattering hair style that will work for you.
1. How much time you are willing to spend every day fixing your hair? Include hair drying, hair straightening, hair curling, special conditioning, styling, etc. Be realistic about your lifestyle and hair grooming habits. If you do not have the time, do not get a high maintenance hair style.
2. Is your hair in good condition? Do not plan on doing any sort of perms, hair straightening, extensions, bleaching if your hair is damaged or brittle.
3. Do you know what your face shape is? Your face shape is very important for selecting any hair style. What will look great on a square face shape might not look good at all on a round face. See HairResources.com for suggested hair styles for each face shape.
4. Are you generally happy with your hair stylist? Does your hair stylist give you instructions about how to style your hair at home? Do they address all of your concerns about your hair or hair style?
The hair stylist plays a vital role in the way your hair style will look from day to day. Sometimes you can leave the salon looking great – for a day or two. Then it's all downhill after that. You need to get a hair style that YOU can make look great on your own. This can require special instructions from the hair stylist along with specific hair care products.
5. Do you know what hair styles you like and why you like them? If you explain to your stylist what you like about certain features of a hair style – ie long side-swept bangs or long layers in the back — the stylist may be able to add some of these features to your hair style even though the entire hair style may not be suited for your hair.
For additional information on hair styles, including celebrity hair style photos, samples of the most popular short, medium, long, updo, bridal, prom and mens hair styles, check out the galleries at HairResources.com