In this article I’m going to explain how several of the most popular hair loss treatments work and then I’ll explain how you can achieve the same results without buying the treatments, using alternative methods.
The most commonly known brand of topical Minoxidil is Rogaine, but there are several others. Minoxidil works by increasing blood flow to the scalp. Hair needs a good supply of nutrients in order to grow and the nutrients are supplied via the blood stream. If you increase the flow of blood to the scalp you help the hair grow.
Minoxidil is a popular treatment for hair loss and it has been shown in various studies to work on many users. However there are other ways of increasing blood flow to the scalp without having to spend a penny. Here are a few tips for increasing blood flow (and so supply more nutrients) to the scalp and also to generally improve your circulation:
1. Tap your head with a hard bristled hair brush fifty times, two to three times per day. If you have light coloured skin, try tapping your head with a brush around fifty times fairly rapidly. You’ll notice that your skin goes red. Why is that? Well it’s quite simply because you’ve made the blood flush to the skin, which is exactly where you want it.
2. Exercise hard, three times a week. Exercise until you are out of breath, sweating and hot. Again, if you have fair skin you should be able to see your skin go red because the blood has flushed to the skin. Try to sustain this hard exercise for around twenty minutes. Not only will this help improve circulation, it will also help relieve stress (another major cause of hair loss), strengthen your heart and keep you in good shape.
3. Get a nice head massage once a day. Again this will increase flood flow to the scalp and also help relieve stress. It may also help exfoliate the scalp, which is a good thing. Keeping your pores clear is important for hair growth.
There are several other ways of increasing blood flow to the scalp and there are methods of cleaning the body’s blood vessels to improve overall circulation. Generally it’s fairly easy to increase blood flow to the scalp without having to spend any money on Minoxidil. Furthermore the methods outlined above have excellent secondary benefits.
Nourkrin Hair Loss Supplement
Nourkrin is a popular hair loss supplement but there are many others on the market. Some hair loss/hair growth supplements do contain some powerful ingredients that do provide benefits for the hair in some people. However it is possible to achieve similar results and (as with the circulation examples) gain further secondary methods.
You don’t need supplements to provide all the nutrients you need for hair growth. Using some ‘superfoods’, available in all major supermarkets and by slightly adjusting your diet you can supercharge your nutrient supply, for hair growth.
Here are a few foods that you could include in your diet to boost hair growth:
1. Raw eggs. This may sound disgusting but you could add your raw eggs to a smoothie if you can’t hack them on their own. Generally though try to minimise the number of ingredients you consume at any one time. Your digestive system is far happier digesting one ingredient at a time than lots of different ingredients – and this is another argument against supplements. Raw eggs contain some great nutrients for hair growth and overall health (particularly for your appearance). Inositol, choline, B vitamins and vitamin E are all nutrients that benefit your hair. Some B vitamins can only be found in animal products and egg yolks are a good source.
2. Green leafy vegetables. Green leafy vegetables, such as baby leaf spinach, watercress and rocket contain the types of nutrients needed for maintaining a healthy appearance. Generally rich coloured vegetables are rich in nutrients. Strawberries, oranges, broccoli are all good examples.
3. EFA oil. If you’re going to use a supplement, make it ‘EFA oil’. EFA stands for essential fatty acids and these are good fats that cannot be produced in your body – they can only be obtained through diet. So if you’re going to get a supplement, organic cold-pressed extra virgin EFA oil is a good choice – I call it a supplement but it’s a ‘whole food supplement’, usually containing no more than three different seed oils – it’s not the same as a capsule type hair loss supplement, which will usually contain a multitude of various ingredients.
Above are a few tips for achieving the same results as some of the popular hair loss treatments without paying for them. And if you use these alternative methods you will gain secondary benefits. By following a healthy diet you will help maintain your overall health and appearance.